Beta Drugs Limited is part of Adley Group founded by Vijay Batra, who has more than 25 years of experience in manufacture of pharmaceutical products in India. The company is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of oncology products. The products range from anti-cancer tablets, capsules, injections and lyophilized injections.
As on March 31, 2017, the company had a portfolio of over 50 products catering to various oncology diseases including breast, brain, bone, lung, mouth, head & neck, prostate, haematology, cervics, oesophagus etc. The revenue from sale of products in the domestic market grew by 47.24% from Rs. 2600 lakhs in fiscal 2015-16 to Rs. 3828.36 lakhs in fiscal 2016-17. In overseas market, the sales grew by 88.81% from a small base of Rs. 37.71 lakhs in 2015-16 to Rs. 336.91 lakhs in 2016-17.
- New promoter took over only 3 yrs back. Has scaled up so much in short time.
- Focus on oncology segment
- Has a good R&D centre to develop newer molecules
- Indepth knowledge and experience of promoter in Pharmaceuticals industry
- Under utilization of manufacturing capacity
- Shortage of raw material
- Focus on increasing export business
- Expanding presence in semi-regulated markets
- Getting EU GMP approval and other certifications
- Expansion of capacity
- Regulatory risks
- Price erosion in generics
- Delay in rolling out new products
- Delay in getting EU GMP approval
Disclaimer: SME investments are subject to illiquidity risk & information asymmetry risk. This is not a buy / sell advise. Please do your own due diligence before buying / selling this stock.